Sumary of Another one million Moderna doses secured:
- In addition, he said the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation is now recommending Moderna for everyone 12 years and older.
- He said 1800 pharmacies will begin to receive the doses through the week of September 20.Meanwhile, another $50 million will be spent trying to convince the 20 per cent of Australians who are reluctant to get a COVID-19 vaccination to change their minds.
- More than 66 per cent of eligible Australians aged over 16 have received at least one COVID vaccination and 41 per cent are fully vaccinated, with some 22 million doses administered across the country.
- These include the Pacific Islands, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, the UK and the US.”When the international borders open we want people to be able to travel again,” Mr Tehan told Sky New’s Sunday Agenda program.
- South Australian Premier Steven Marshall told the program his state is on board with the national plan and expects state lockdowns and lockouts will be a thing of the past before Christmas when the 80 per cent vaccination rate is met.
- NSW is already planning for its domestic reopening at a 70 per cent vaccination rate, even though its daily infection rates remain stubbornly high, recording a further 1262 cases on Sunday and another seven deaths.
- “I would be much more confident about the 70 per cent target if it was clear the premier was getting health advice that backed it,” she told ABC’s Insiders program.