Sumary of Asia seeks foreign help for Covid jabs:
- Sri Lanka began injecting pregnant women with a Chinese coronavirus vaccine on Wednesday and Nepal resumed inoculations with a China-made jab as India’s neighbors turn to Beijing and Moscow for help with supplies..
- Nepal halted inoculations at the end of May after its stock of AstraZeneca shots and Chinese Sinopharm jabs ran short..
- The program resumed on Tuesday after a million more Sinopharm doses arrived from China, the only country that has so far responded to its appeals for help..
- Sri Lanka, meanwhile, has been aggressively rolling out China’s Sinopharm jab after receiving 2 million doses in the past week..
- The head of Sri Lanka’s Covid-19 response, Army Chief Shavendra Silva, said on Wednesday that Colombo hopes to vaccinate the entire adult population by early next year….