Sumary of Astonishing Victorian virus result:
- Victorians were fearing the worst yesterday after a group of mystery cases emerged, but the state has recorded an astonishing Covid-19 result on Friday..
- The state posted four new local cases of coronavirus on Thursday, with the Department of Health investigating the source of acquisition..
- The cases — a man in his 80s, a woman in her 70s, a man in his 50s and a man in his 20s — are from the same household in Reservoir, in Melbourne northern suburbs..
- Victorian deputy chief health officer Allen Cheng said the first positive case recorded on Wednesday night was a man in his 80s, who was tested on June 9 and got his result on Wednesday..
- “I’m pleased to note that one of the individuals who returned the first positive test only turned symptomatic on June 7 and was tested the day after and returned that test result yesterday..
- The health department said there had been three new positive detections of coronavirus viral fragments in wastewater samples taken in the Pascoe Vale, Scoresby and Vermont areas in a statement late on Thursday..
- Residents and recent visitors to the following suburbs between June 3 and 7 have been urged to monitor for symptoms and get tested if any develop:…