Sumary of Australia Covid live news update: NSW records 1,405 new cases; Berejiklian unveils roadmap out of lockdown; Victoria records 324 cases; ACT records 15:
- A spokesperson said: The carriage of messages is generally a commercial matter for telecommunications providers, except in circumstances where there may be offences against the laws of the commonwealth or states or territories.
- We also thank Victoria Police for their excellent work in protecting the Victorian community in what must have been a difficult situation for the police.
- Victorian press conference Health minister Martin Foley, Covid-19 commander Jeroen Weimar and deputy chief health officer prof Ben Cowie have finished speaking in Melbourne.
- A bit of mopping up: Foley was told by a reporter that “Victorians are hungry for dates” and I must admit my first thought went to the dates in my pantry.
- Foley didn’t really give much: The more we get vaccinated the sooner we get there, when we set that benchmark, it looks like the 23 September, there is every prospect we will get there earlier.
- And that’s a great reflection on the fact that Victorians want to get vaccinated.
- What is holding us back sometimes is a lack of vaccine and disproportionate underrepresentation of primary healthcare and GPs and pharmacies being the locations to get vaccinated.
- The more vaccines we get, the more locations we have that people can get vaccinated, the sooner we will get to 70% single dose, the sooner we will get to 70% double dose.