Sumary of Australia Covid live: NSW records 1,262 cases, seven deaths; Victoria to receive ‘surge’ of Pfizer, Moderna vaccine doses as 392 cases recorded:
- In case anyone was wondering, here is the Victorian premier learning that his state would be receiving 400,000 extra doses of vaccines as part of a three-week blitz from the federal government.
- Both press conferences were on at the same time, and it seems Andrews wasn’t totally delighted that he hadn’t got a phone call from Morrison ahead of time.
- (after he called out the Feds for short-changing Victoria, it seems they found more Pfizer in the bottom drawer)#auspol #springst #covid19vic pic.
- At least 115 of the 1,262 cases reported on Sunday were detected in regional local health districts including 53 in the Illawarra Shoalhaven region, 33 on the Central Coast and seven in the Hunter New England area.
- There were five cases in the far west local health district where Broken Hill mayor Darriea Turley has urged residents to get vaccinated and stay home while speaking to ABC News on Sunday.
- I’m really worried about what will happen in the next couple of weeks and what is the big picture and I think good public health policy needs to shine through.
- September 12, 2021 We touched on it before during the press conference but there has been a lot of discussion in NSW about the crowds of people gathering on Bondi beach over this this gloriously sunny weekend.
- When asked to respond to images of people flocking to Sydney’s eastern sands, NSW chief health officer Dr Kerry Chant said it caused her “some concern” but said the reality was outdoor environments were “probably the safest” if people were social distancing.