Sumary of Australia live news: four new Covid cases in Victoria, Traralgon residents told to evacuate as flood waters rise:
- The Queensland state Labor MP, Duncan Pegg, has died from cancer just seven weeks after telling parliament he would not survive..
- During his last major address to parliament, Pegg urged fellow MPs to listen to people with terminal illnesses before deciding whether to support the introduction of voluntary assisted dying laws in Queensland..
- During that speech he urged colleagues to seek out the views of terminally-ill people before deciding whether or not they should be given the legal right to an assisted death in Queensland..
- @abcnews @abcmelbourne pic.twitter.com/8viQEMrPLO International students will be welcomed back to New South Wales in the second half of the year under a pilot plan announced by the state government..
- The arrival of these students will be in addition to the returning Australians arriving at Sydney Airport each week amid the Covid-19 pandemic..
- The federal government Covid-19 disaster payment will end tomorrow when the lockdown is lifted, despite a plea from the Victorian government for it to continue..
- The advice from the national CMO to the federal government is that Melbourne is no longer a hotspot, and therefore that income support is no longer provided in Victoria..
- We tried to get them to reconsider, our state treasurer went to Josh Frydenberg to see if it would be reconsidered….