Sumary of Australian PM ‘sorry’ for slow COVID-19 vaccine rollout:
- ”His comments came as authorities in locked-down Sydney warned residents to brace for a spike in infections and long-term restrictions.
- The state of New South Wales reported 124 new cases, a record for a current outbreak that is spreading quickly across the vast country.
- “I’m expecting case numbers to go up even higher,” state premier Gladys Berejiklian warned, citing the large proportion of people who were not isolating while infectious.
- “Until we have enough of our population fully vaccinated, we will be living with some level of restrictions and that will depend on how quickly we can overcome the severity of the current outbreak,” said Berejiklian.
- For all the latest headlines follow our Google News channel online or via the app.