Sumary of Australia’s Victoria reports zero COVID-19 cases as lockdown ends:
- Australia Victoria state reported zero locally acquired cases of COVID-19 for the first time in nearly three weeks on Friday as state capital Melbourne came out of a snap two-week lockdown after an outbreak that has seen about 90 cases since May 24..
- Neighboring New South Wales (NSW) state and Queensland, meanwhile, are on virus alert after an infected woman and her husband traveled from Victoria through several country towns in both states..
- The 44-year-old woman tested positive for COVID-19 after reaching Queensland state and later passed the virus to her husband..
- NSW, the country most populous state, has not reported any locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in more than a month, while Queensland last reported cases in late March..
- Queensland reported no locally acquired cases on Friday, while NSW is expected to report its daily case numbers later on Friday…