Sumary of Backlash Against Biden’s Vaccine Mandate Mounts Within GOP:
- WASHINGTON – President Joe Biden’s new broad set of federal mandates, aimed at compelling Americans not yet vaccinated against COVID-19 to get the shot, was met with an immediate and forceful backlash from his political opponents.
- “Joe Biden told Americans when he was elected that he would not impose vaccine mandates.
- ” It is far from clear that Biden’s mandates are unconstitutional or illegal.
- New mandates Among the new policies Biden announced is a requirement that all federal employees and contractors that do business with the government, with a few exceptions, be vaccinated against the virus.
- Anti-vaccine mandate protesters rally outside the closed front doors of the Los Angeles Unified School District, LAUSD headquarters in Los Angeles, Sept.
- In sum, more than 100 million American workers, or about two-thirds of the workforce, will be subject to the mandates, though a large percentage are already vaccinated.
- Republicans blast Biden “Biden’s vaccine mandate is an assault on private businesses,” said Republican Texas Gov.
- Ralph Northam in response to a presidential tweet announcing the mandate.