Sumary of Bad Oral Health Will Not Only Get You In Trouble With The Dentist But Could Also Raise COVID Risk:
- Health oi-PTI on November 18, 2021 Not brushing your teeth will get you in trouble with the dentist – but since the arrival of the pandemic, it could lead to bigger problems too.
- There’s growing evidence that poor oral health raises the risk posed by COVID.
- Research shows that people with poor oral health can end up with more severe symptoms if they catch the Coronavirus.
- This may seem shocking, but the fact that there’s a link between oral health and COVID is less surprising when considering the link between oral hygiene and other diseases.
- Bad oral hygiene has been associated with making many other diseases worse.
- Principally this happens when bad hygiene is sustained for long periods, leading to dysbiosis – where the bacteria in the mouth change from a peaceful state into an aggressive one.
- Once the mouth’s bacteria become aggravated, they can cause gum disease, chewing away at the tissues of the mouth and entering the bloodstream.
- And once there, the bacteria can then flow around the body and settle in various organs, raising levels of inflammation and over time contributing to various specific and chronic conditions.