Sumary of Bangladesh has achieved success in curbing Covid-19: Health Minister:
- Health Minister Zahid Maleque today said Bangladesh has achieved success in containing coronavirus when many other countries, including India, UK and USA, have failed to do so.
- “There was no death due to lack of oxygen in our country but India went through this,” the health minister said while addressing, as chief guest, an orientation programme for the newly recruited junior consultants (Anesthesiology) at Dhaka’s Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
- “But if health guidelines are not followed properly, infection could surge again at any time,” he said.
- As the situation has improved, educational institutions reopened, the minister said, adding that Bangladesh’s financial conditional has also improved significantly.
- The minister said the country is experiencing a shortage of anesthesiologists, so new consultants are appointed in a short period of time.