Sumary of Barnaby Joyce dismisses Cop26 ‘talkfest’; snap lockdown for Katherine in NT; Qld eases Covid border rules – As it happened:
- NSW police announced they have new evidence in William Tyrrell search Scott Morrison labelled himself “the underdog” and said the ABC was not beyond ‘the scrutiny of the Senate’.
- The “state of the art” Adani coal train broke down during testing Deputy prime minster Barnaby Joyce said the Nationals did not support signing Cop26 pact.
- To recap the territory has recorded two new cases, one in a remote Aboriginal community, Robinson River.
- That is part of our plan, when there is an outbreak in a remote community, you see high rates of testing.
- The teams will be taking large quantities of swabs, but they’ll be testing with PCR at this stage.
- Payne said everyone in Australia is likely to get Covid, and only the vaccine will keep us safe.
- Payne said health authorities were concerned younger First Nations peoples with underlying health conditions would be more prone to severe illness.
- Payne says it is concerning because there are areas in the NT that are not vaccinated enough to keep an outbreak under control.