Sumary of Benidorm set for night-time curfew after big COVID case rises in Costa Blanca area of Spain:
- Costa Blanca tourist spots like Alicante, Alfas del Pi, Benidorm, Calpe, Denia, and Teulada-Moraira have been included in a new list of 77 Valencian ‘curfew’ municipalities, up from the current 32.The night curfew hours run between 1.00 am and 6.00 am.
- Valencian president, Ximo Puig, this morning(July 22) announced the plans to combat rapidly rising COVID-19 infections.
- Puig insisted that people should wear masks ‘wherever possible’ and also revealed that the COVID Delta variant was behind most of the new infections in the region.
- Most of the new COVID cases are among younger unvaccinated people with a spate of illegal late night outdoor botellon gatherings keeping the police busy.
- “Municipal regulations prevent botellons and the police are doing their job,” commented Puig.