Sumary of Biden Orders Vaccine-Or-Test Mandate For Businesses With 100 Or More Workers:
- ToplinePresident Joe Biden said Thursday the Department of Labor will require companies with 100 or more workers to implement vaccine-or-test mandates, part of a series of sweeping new measures aimed at boosting coronavirus vaccination rates.
- US President Joe Biden walks upon his return to the White House after visiting New York and New .
- The official also dismissed concerns that the rule will result in litigation, telling reporters Labor Secretary Marty Walsh has “a right to do this,” and said the rulemaking will be “done in a couple weeks” and implemented shortly thereafter.
- OSHA will also develop a rule to require businesses with over 100 workers to provide paid time off to get vaccinated and recover from any side effects, according to a White House fact sheet reviewed by Forbes.
- The administration will also stop giving federal workers the option to submit to regular coronavirus testing instead of getting vaccinated, with White House press secretary Jen Psaki telling reporters unvaccinated workers will have about 75 days to get their shot.
- Psaki said federal workers who refuse to get vaccinated after 75 days will go through the “standard HR process, which includes counseling,” and will face “progressive disciplinary action.