Sumary of Biden Plan May Require 2/3 of American Workforce to Either Get Vaccinated or Weekly COVID-19 Tests:
- The Biden administration is rolling out several new measures to help the country emerge from the pandemic.
- The coronavirus is killing more than 1,500 people a day in the U.S.President Biden laid out a six-step plan to control the spread of the highly infectious coronavirus Delta variant and get more Americans vaccinated against COVID-19.“We have the tools to combat the virus,” he said during a press conference today at the White House.
- In recent weeks, the country’s 7-day daily average of coronavirus cases exceeded 150,000 for the first time since late January, according to New York Times data.
- The coronavirus is killing more than 1,500 people a day, with low-vaccinated states such as Florida, Mississippi, and Louisiana seeing death rates well above the country’s average.
- Some hospitals in Idaho, one of the least vaccinated states, have started rationing care amid a COVID-19 surge in the state.
- Although face masks and physical distancing can help control transmission of the coronavirus, experts see wide vaccination as the key to ending the pandemic.
- Today, Biden announced several measures intended to boost the country’s vaccination rates.
- Many large U.S. employers already do this, but the new rule will “reduce the spread of COVID-19 by increasing the share of the workforce that is vaccinated,” Biden said during the press conference.