Sumary of Biden predicts the F.D.A. will give final approval to a Covid vaccine by the fall.:
- President Biden told a town hall audience in Ohio on Wednesday evening that he expected the Food and Drug Administration would give final approval “quickly” for Covid-19 vaccines, as he pressed for skeptical Americans to get vaccinated and stop another surge of the pandemic.
- to give final approval for the vaccines, which are currently authorized for emergency use.
- Many medical professionals have pushed for the final approval, saying it could help increase uptake of the vaccines.
- “My expectation talking to the group of scientists we put together, over 20 of them plus others in the field, is that sometime maybe in the beginning of the school year, at the end of August, beginning of September, October, they’ll get a final approval” for the vaccines at the F.
- In Ohio, where Mr. Biden traveled on Wednesday to talk up what he pitched as the good-paying union jobs that his infrastructure plan would create, the president found him fielding questions from audience members concerned about low vaccination rates in their communities.
- In response to a move by Speaker Nancy Pelosi earlier Wednesday to bar two of former President Donald J.