Sumary of Biden’s new deadline: Make all adults eligible for vaccination by April 19:
- In scheduled remarks, President Joe Biden will move up the deadline for states to make all adults eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine by almost 2 weeks to April 19, the White House said..
- During the briefing, Biden also will announce that the United States has delivered 150 million shots in the first 75 days of his administration, Psaki said..
- To date, 147 million people have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 globally, and 678 million doses have been administered, according to data compiled by Our World in Data, a research group affiliated with the University of Oxford..
- With these numbers below targets, and some countries struggling to procure vaccines, the Biden administration appointed Gayle Smith, a former USAID administrator and member of the Obama administration Ebola response team, as the U.S..
- “And I can say from having worked with Gayle and admired her for years that no one will work harder, faster or more effectively to get us to the finish line.”.
- Smith recalled viruses she has helped fight in the past and noted a couple of lessons she learned, including that if a virus is moving faster than you are, it winning…