Sumary of Biden’s Vaccine Order Will Require Most, But Not All, Long-Term Care Providers To Get Jabbed:
- Dr Jess Harvey administers the second dose of coronavirus vaccine to care home assistant Amanda .
- (Photo by Nick Potts/PA Images via Getty Images) PA Images via Getty Images In an attempt to get a handle on the persistent Covid-19 pandemic, President Biden yesterday issued a broad executive order mandating vaccines for a large segment of the US economy, including most of the medical and long-term care industries.
- His order should give families comfort that most licensed providers, from doctors to home health aides, will be vaccinated.
- Now, the president has ordered that employees of every business that receives Medicare or Medicaid funding and of every federal government contractor must be vaccinated.
- Medicaid will, rarely, pay for the long-term services provided to very poor assisted living residents.
- However, they will have the testing option that will be unavailable to medical and long-term care facilities.