Sumary of Biovac: Partnership with Pfizer to supply COVID jabs a huge step for Africa:
- CAPE TOWN – Biovac said the partnership with Pfizer/BioNTech was a significant step towards the continent becoming more and more self-sufficient.
- The biopharmaceutical company has clinched a deal with Pfizer to complete the production of its vaccine at its Cape Town plant.
- It’s also set to supply doses to countries in the African Union.
- READ:- Pfizer/BioNTech to produce COVID-19 vaccine in South Africa- 55 AU member states to benefit from Pfizer vaccines produced in SA At full capacity, Biovac is set to supply more than 100 million Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine doses annually.
- ”Officials said the move was a vital step in securing sustainable access to COVID-19 vaccines.