Sumary of Boris Johnson says Cop26 climate conference ‘called time on coal’ – UK politics live:
- In the Commons Jeremy Corbyn, the former Labour leader, asked Boris Johnson earlier what he would do to convince China, Russia and Australia to end their coal production.
- Corbyn said: New Delhi is now getting into a pollution lockdown because of the emissions that have affected the people there.
- Andrew Bailey, governor of the Bank of England, has told MPs that he’s “very uneasy” about the UK’s inflation situation.
- My colleague Graeme Wearden has the details on his business live blog here.
- Bank of England governor ‘very uneasy’ about inflation situation – business live Back in the Commons, Boris Johnson is still taking questions on Cop26. He claims, despite what opposition MPs are saying, even they can see that Cop26 was a “considerable success”.
- Stormont’s health minister has called for the phased introduction of mandatory vaccine passports in Northern Ireland, PA Media reports.
- Boris Johnson has pledged to “stand behind” Jersey if the French return to threats to impede British and Channel Island fishers in the wake of the wider row between the EU and the UK over Brexit.
- The prime minister met the Jersey chief minister John Le Fondré and the island’s external affairs minister Ian Gorst earlier today.