Sumary of Business groups, OCTA back ‘population protection’:
- Concepcion 3rd said some local business groups led by Go Negosyo and the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) joined hands with the OCTA Research group to push for “population protection”.
- that could help promote greater mobility for vaccinated people and spur business activities and economic recovery..
- “This is because new Covid-19 cases per day will be brought down to just 1,000 for the entire country and 140 new cases per day in NCR as the average daily attack rate will be reduced to less than 1 per 100,000 per day..
- “This will free the Philippines from the difficult but necessary quarantine protocols that have nevertheless caused widespread damage to the economy and businesses and led to millions losing their jobs,”.
- PCCI president emeritus George Barcelon shared Concepcion’s view, saying that millions of jobs have been lost and thousands of businesses closed….