Sumary of California plans to lift most Covid restrictions June 15, keep mask mandate:
- WASHINGTON — California Governor Gavin Newsom said on Tuesday that the state will reopen its economy by June 15 provided that coronavirus vaccine and hospitalization cases remain stable..
- “With more than 20 million vaccines administered across the state, it is time to turn the page on our tier system and begin looking to fully reopen California’s economy,”.
- We will need to remain vigilant and continue the practices that got us here – wearing masks and getting vaccinated – but the light at the end of this tunnel has never been brighter,”.
- Newsom’s announcement comes a little more than a year after California, the nation’s most populous state, shut down its economy due to the unfolding health pandemic..
- The latest revelation comes as federal health officials warn that Americans should still continue to adhere to public health measures as warmer summer months approach..
- “You might remember a little bit more than a year ago when we were looking for the summer to rescue us from surges….