Sumary of Canada easing COVID-19 hotel quarantine, isolation rules for fully vaccinated: source:
- The federal government is set to announce Wednesday that fully vaccinated Canadian travellers will no longer need to spend 14 days in COVID-19 quarantine upon arriving home..
- Affected travellers will be required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival in Canada, and remain in isolation until the test comes back negative..
- The government will also eliminate the need for fully vaccinated Canadian air travellers to spend three days quarantining in an authorized hotel upon arriving in the country..
- The Canadian government barred non-essential foreign nationals and warned Canadians against non-essential travel outside the country in March 2020..
- Officials later adjusted the rules to require negative COVID-19 PCR tests prior to and after arrival, a period of mandatory quarantine and fines for ignoring it, and limits on which airports could accept incoming international arrivals..
- In February 2021, the government also announced travellers arriving in the country would have to quarantine at their own expense in a government-authorized hotel….