Sumary of CDC advisory group says benefits of Johnson & Johnson vaccine outweigh risks:
- Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, despite its potential link to Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- Johnson vaccine is “very low,” usually occurring within 6 weeks.
- Johnson vaccine, as well as its benefits, including the vaccine’s role in controlling the spread of the Delta variant.
- Johnson vaccine accounts for 4% of total COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the U.S., Sarah Mbaeyi, MD, MPH, a medical officer at the CDC, said during the meeting.
- Johnson vaccine, according to Meghna Alimchandani, MD, a medical officer at the FDA.
- Lee, MD, MPH, chair of the ACIP COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Technical Subgroup, said that the crude number of GBS cases in the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System is about 8.1 per million doses with the Johnson &
- In contrast, the crude number of GBS cases is 1.1 per million doses with the mRNA vaccines.
- The expected number of GBS cases is about 1.6 per million doses, Lee said.