Sumary of CDC Offers Guidance for Cruise Industry to Sail Again:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued new technical guidance on Monday that moves the cruise industry closer to being back in business..
- “Cruise lines must have measures in place to ensure those involved in transport are not exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 and follow all CDC requirements to prevent interaction of disembarking crew with the public,”.
- The CDC calls for daily instead of weekly reporting of COVID cases, implementing routine testing of crew members, and setting up simulated voyages so new protocols can be practiced, Cruise lines must set up relationships with medical facilities in ports in case passengers become sick..
- The New York Times reported that Norwegian Cruise Line went a step further on Monday and submitted a letter to the CDC saying it wants to resume cruises from U.S..
- An industry organization, Cruise Lines International Association, on Monday said the updated CSO was “disappointing.”…