Sumary of CDC tells businesses to ‘end the hygiene theater’:
- An army of sanitizing robots, round-the-clock cleaning staffs and UV lamp-wielding workers is being called of by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which has deemed the risk of contracting COVID-19 by touching surfaces ‘low.’ Schools, businesses, and households have spent millions collectively over the past year in an effort to step up cleaning practices and make their spaces safer – or at least to make them feel safer..
- CDC is now advising against using high-tech disinfectants like this book-sterilizing device, because the risk of catching COVID-19 from a surface is ‘low’ CDC director Dr Rochelle Walensky advised using regular soap and detergent to clean most surfaces, unless someone with suspected or confirmed Covid has been in the room in the past 24 hours ‘People can be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 through contact with surfaces and objects, however evidence has demonstrated that the risk by this route of transmission is actually low,’ explained CDC director Dr Rochelle Walensky during a Monday White House press briefing..
- ‘Cleaning with household cleaners such s soap or detergents will physically remove germs from surfaces this process does not necessarily kill germ but reduces transmission risk by removing them.’ Disinfectants range from Clorox wipes to medical-grade UV lights and robots that automatically use the sunlight-like radiation to kill germs, not just move them..
- Subway systems in China (picturd) and US cities like New York implemented massive UV lights systems to try to make their mass transit systems safer – but it may all have been ‘hygiene theater’ the CDC’s guidance suggests Clorox president Linda said during a May Good Morning America segment that her company had seen an ‘unprecedented spike in demand for wipes, up 500 percent versus a year ago.’ A flood of disinfecting innovation brought an army of UV lamps to schools and airplanes and even saw the invention of a wrist band that spray disinfectant, like a gadget designed for a germaphobic Spider Man..
- And the New York City subway system saw an unprecedented overnight shutdown, during which train cars glowed blue with the high power sanitizing systems…