Sumary of Chair of Trump’s 2017 inaugural fund arrested on foreign agent charges – as it happened:
- Tom Barrack, a businessman and ally of Donald Trump, was arrested on charges that he was acting as an unregistered agent of the United Arab Emirates.
- Barrack’s spokesman said he plans to plead not guilty, but experts are speculating that his arrest is a sign of more to come from the Trump camp – especially in terms of foreign policy.
- Chief White House medical adviser Anthony Fauci clashed with Kentucky senator Rand Paul today.
- Paul attempted to attack Fauci over the issue of “gain of function research” and Fauci just would not have it.
- “Senator Paul,” Fauci said, “you do not know what you are talking about.
- A White House official tested positive for Covid-19 after coming in contact with a staffer for House speaker Nancy Pelosi who tested positive after escorting some Texas Democrats who tested positive this weekend.
- White House press secretary Jen Psaki said there have been other breakthrough Covid-19 cases – positive cases among vaccinated individuals – that just have not been publicly disclosed.
- “We’re relieved that the court has blocked another cruel and harmful attempt to criminalize abortion care and intrude on Arkansans’ deeply personal medical decisions,” said Holly Dickson, executive director of ACLU of Arkansas, in a statement.