Sumary of China experiences heaviest rains in 60 yrs:
- ZHENGZHOU: A total of 12 people have been killed in the torrential rains in the downtown area of Zhengzhou, the provincial capital of central China’s Henan Province, the local government said.
- The state flood control and drought relief bureau has dispatched a work group to Henan, initiating a level 3 emergency response rescue work.
- About 849 people have been rescued with 1,500 relocated as of press time.
- A local resident surnamed Jiang in Zhengzhou told the Global Times that the residential compound where he lives is without electricity and water, and he said local residents did not expect such heavy rain.
- Zhengzhou authorities have enhanced surveillance to local rivers, reservoirs and infrastructure construction, and have suspended the operations of companies at risk and those with furnaces to prevent accidents.
- Media reported that 1,102 families and 3,620 residents have been evacuated as of Tuesday.