Sumary of China floods deaths hit 25:
- Another seven people were reported missing, provincial officials said at a news conference.
- A video posted on Twitter by news site The Paper showed subway passengers standing in chest-high muddy brown water as torrents raged in the tunnel outside.
- At least 10 trains carrying about 10,000 passengers were halted, including three for more than 40 hours, according to Caixin, a business news magazine.
- A woman aboard a subway in a flooded tunnel told her husband the water almost reached her neck and passengers had trouble breathing, the Henan Business Daily newspaper reported.
- Henan province has many cultural sites and is a major base for industry and agriculture.
- It is crisscrossed by multiple waterways, many of them linked to the Yellow River, which has a long history of bursting its banks during periods of intensive rainfall.
- State media on Wednesday showed waters at waist height with rain still coming down.