China rejects WHO's plan for further study of Covid-19 origins

china rejects whos plan for further study of covid 19 origins

Sumary of China rejects WHO's plan for further study of Covid-19 origins:

  • China cannot accept the World Health Organization’s plan for the second phase of a study into the origins of Covid-19, a senior Chinese health official said Thursday.
  • Zeng Yixin, the vice minister of the National Health Commission, said he was “rather taken aback” by the call for a further probe into the pandemic’s origins and, specifically, the theory that the virus might have leaked from a Chinese lab.
  • “It is impossible for us to accept such an origin-tracing plan,” he said a a news conference called to address the Covid-19 origins issue.
  • Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politicsThe search for the origins of the virus has become a diplomatic issue that has worsened China’s relations with the U.S. and many of its allies.
  • He also says there had been a “premature push” to rule out the theory that the coronavirus might have escaped from a Chinese government lab in Wuhan.
  • Tedros’ words were echoed by Germany’s health minister, Jens Spahn, who urged Chinese officials to allow the investigation into the origins of the virus to proceed.
  • Zeng said the Wuhan lab has no virus that can directly infect humans.
  • He noted that a WHO-coordinated team of international experts who visited the lab earlier this year concluded that a lab leak was highly unlikely.

Want to know more click here go to source.

From -

Close
Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content

Site Language


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close