Sumary of City in China restricts movement amid outbreak:
- Experts were sent to Putian to manage disease-control work, China’s National Health Commission announced on Saturday.
- Oceania New Zealand has bought 500,000 vials of the BioNtech-Pfizer coronavirus vaccine from Denmark, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said on Sunday.
- “There is now more than enough vaccine in the country to vaccinate at the world leading rates we were hitting earlier in the month, and I strongly encourage every New Zealander not yet vaccinated to do so as soon as possible,” Ardern said in a statement.
- A family-sized dose of hope for our vaccination program,” Prime Minister Scott Morrison told the media in Sydney.
- Europe More than 120,000 people protested across France on Saturday, as per official data, against the COVID-19 health passes that they say discriminates against the unvaccinated.
- Health passes are required in France to enter cafes, restaurants and other public places.