Sumary of Coalition invests further $50m in new vaccine campaign to sway reluctant Australians:
- The health minister Greg Hunt said research showed a growing number of people were willing to be jabbed, as the nation looks to a 70-80% fully vaccinated rate before easing lockdown and travel restrictions.
- ”More than 66% of eligible Australians aged over 16 have received at least one Covid vaccination and 41% is fully vaccinated, with some 22m doses administered across the country.
- Photograph: Australian Government Department of HealthThe new campaign is due to air from Sunday evening and will subsequently bring the rollout of more public engagement through initiatives such as information kiosks at shopping centres and events, and community in-reach activities at Indigenous communities.
- Australia’s Covid infection numbers are set to break records for a third consecutive day, after more than 2,000 cases were reported in the latest 24-hour reporting period.
- Victoria was the first jurisdiction to reveal its latest case count on Sunday, with 392 new infections.