Sumary of Comelec rolls out voter registration in malls:
- According to Jimenez, the number of registrants that could be accommodated in a particular mall depends on the number of available machines that Comelec has put in place.
- Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon said they hope to attract at least 5 million more registrants till the end of the registration period.
- Guanzon said at present, there were more than 60 million registrants, 6 million deactivated voters and 4 million first time voters who would turn 18 years old on or before the May 9, 2022 polls.
- “But if we get one-half of 6 million deactivated voters, then we will be in a very good place indeed,” said Guanzon.
- “You can go to the website of the Comelec and get the email address of your election officer in your city or town.
- This is for deactivated voters only so that you don’t have to go personally to the Comelec offices because we already have your biometric from your previous registration although deactivated,” she said.
- Guanzon also clarified that Comelec does not conduct online registration, saying, “If you are a first time registrant, you have to go [to the Comelec office] and do your biometrics.
- “She said that what a registrant can get from the Comelec’s “I-Rehistro” portal is the application form to save time.