Sumary of Community sport, larger outdoor gatherings could return before 70 per cent target: Brad Hazzard:
- Ellen RansleyNCA NewsWireCamera IconNSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard wants to ease some lockdown laws BEFORE the state reaches its 70 per cent fully-vaxxed milestone.
- But on Saturday, Health Minister Brad Hazzard dropped a hint that other restrictions could ease within the next month, including the return of community sport, and outdoor gatherings increasing to 10 people, if current vaccination rates continue.
- Camera IconNSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard has suggested community sport could return within the next month.
- When asked why community sport was not currently part of the restrictions easing come 70 per cent vaccination, Mr Hazzard said he wanted to see sport resume.
- NCA NewsWire / Jeremy Piper Credit: News Corp Australia“I think (chief health officer) Dr (Kerry) Chant and the team are aware that trying to get people out to play sport is on the agenda,” he said.
- ”His comments came as NSW recorded a record high of 1599 new cases of Covid-19.Camera IconThousands of people flocked to Sydney’s beaches on Saturday, but Mr Hazzard said the outdoors was ‘the safest place to be’.