Sumary of Coronavirus Alert: Biden Signs $1 Trillion Infrastructure Bill, Cases Rise in 31 States, Maine Breaks Record for Hospitalizations, Fauci Says Vaccinated Can Enjoy a ‘Typical’ Thanksgiving, Chinese Workers Brutally Kill Corgi of Quarantined Owner:
- Maine has reached an all-time high for COVID-19 hospitalizations.
- Spectrum News shared CDC numbers showing Maine hit an all-time high in pandemic-related hospitalizations, after 248 were reported Friday and then 249 reported on Sunday.
- “We hope that you will investigate this seriously, as the spread of misinformation has been identified as a threat to public health by the U.S. Surgeon General, the Alaska Chief Medical Officer, and three medical specialty boards.
- On Monday, Arkansas joined California, New Mexico, and Colorado in allowing all adults over the age of 18 to get booster shots, although FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) health officials recommend limiting shots to patients considered most at risk, according to CBS News.
- Dave Chokshi, commissioner of the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, on Monday said that New York City is also opening up booster shots to all residents 18 and up, according to NBC News.
- com (which covers New York news) said that the entire state is expanding eligibility for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to include those who “feel at risk” based on their job and community transmission.
- Iowa’s governor has been accused of improperly using COVID-19 funds.
- The Associated Press said that the state audit report on government spending released Monday charged Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds of using nearly $450,000 in federal coronavirus relief funds to pay salaries for 21 staff members for three months last year.