Sumary of Coronavirus Alert: U.S. Will Give 500 Million Vaccine Doses to Poor Nations, Jobless Claims Fall for Sixth Week, Seattle and San…:
- As NPR reported, President Joe Biden announced Thursday that the United States has bought 500 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which will be donated to 92 lower income countries through COVAX, the World Health Organization (WHO) vaccine distribution program..
- Biden revealed the plan during his eight-day European trip to coordinate a strategy with other G7 nations to help end the pandemic around the world..
- CNBC has learned that the United States is in negotiations with Moderna to set up a similar deal that would supply millions of additional vaccine doses to the world..
- Department of Labor on Thursday released figures showing that initial claims for jobless benefits have declined for the sixth week in a row, falling by 9,000 to 376,000 last week..
- On Wednesday, France reopened indoor spaces in restaurants and cafes, gyms, and swimming pools, according to France24..
- Latest numbers published in the Local.fr indicate that 55.3 percent of French adults have now received at least one vaccine dose..
- The pass, available digitally through the Tous Anti-Covid virus tracing app or in paper form, provides proof that an individual age 11 and up has been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus;.
- said Leonard Friedland, MD, vice president and director of scientific affairs and public health at GSK Vaccines…