Sumary of Coronavirus Australia live: more than 100,000 Victorians without power; 50,000 Covid disaster payment claims made:
- I mean, we’ve put in place supply contracts, you know, many times over what is needed for the Australian population..
- Dealing with the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic, the recession that it has caused and the recovery that we are building, particularly at home in Australia, with our economy being bigger today than it was before the pandemic hit..
- The Northern Territory under-fire Indigenous treaty commissioner, Prof Mick Dodson, has formally resigned amid abuse allegations..
- The 71-year-old is also alleged to have called a second woman offensive names during an angry exchange at a casino five months before he was appointed to the role..
- Dodson has not admitted the allegations and, through his lawyer, has previously said he doesn’t remember the first incident but agreed the alleged conduct was disgraceful..
- The Yawuru man was named the Australian of the Year in 2009 for his work advocating for the rights of Indigenous Australians..
- In 1993, he was appointed as Australia first Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander social justice commissioner, a post he held until 1998..
- He was appointed NT treaty commissioner in February 2019 and is also a former chief executive of the Northern Land Council….