Sumary of Coronavirus Australia: NSW records 1262 virus cases and six deaths:
- AAP and staff writersThe West AustralianCamera IconNSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard arives to address media during a press conference in Sydney.
- No new cases were acquired overseas in the 24 hours to 8pm last night, and 15 previously reported cases have been excluded following further investigation.
- Sadly, NSW Health has been notified of the deaths of seven people who had COVID-19.VICTORIA RECORDS 392 NEW CASES A STRAIN SERVICES SUSPENDEDVictoria has reported 392 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases as coaches replace all V/Line services after scores of train drivers were placed into isolation.
- The health department on Sunday confirmed 107 cases were linked to known outbreaks, with the source of the still 285 under investigation.
- It comes as all of Victoria’s regional train services have been suspended on Sunday after more than 180 drivers and operational staff were placed in isolation following four positive coronavirus tests among workers.
- ’SIGH OF RELIEF’: QLD REPORTS NO NEW CASESQueenslanders are breathing a sigh of relief, with the sunshine state recording no new COVID-19 cases and again dodging a lockdown.
- Deputy Premier Steven Miles confirmed Queensland reported no new infections on Sunday, after detecting five new cases on Saturday.
- “I know the last 24 hours Queenslanders have had their fingers and toes crossed, and it’s fantastic to bring news that we can breathe a sigh of relief,” he told reporters on Sunday.