Sumary of Coronavirus Australia: NSW reports 1599 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases and at least eight deaths.:
- Staff writers and AAPThe West AustralianCamera IconNSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian speaks to the media during a press conference.
- Health Minister Brad Hazzard on Saturday praised regional areas for boosting vaccination numbers.
- Some 114,546 vaccination jabs were administered on Thursday, including 26,254 in regional areas.
- VICTORIA RECORDS HIGHEST DAILY NUMBER OF CASES IN OUTBREAK YETVictoria has reported 450 new cases of COVID-19, which is the highest number of daily cases in the latest outbreak.
- Most of regional Victoria except Greater Shepparton emerged from lockdown on Friday, with retail and hospitality allowed to reopen under strict rules.
- Premier Daniel Andrews said the government is waiting for detailed modelling from the Burnett Institute before making an announcement.
- Meanwhile two keen AFL fans have been sent back to Victoria from Western Australia, where they tried to gain entry to watch the season finals.
- FIVE NEW CASES IN QLD BUT NO LOCKDOWNQueensland has recorded five new local COVID-19 cases but will avoid locking down for now, says the state’s premier.