Sumary of Coronavirus crisis: Melbourne lockdown ends as Victoria records no new cases:
- The Health Department today confirmed that there were no new local cases in the State and just one new case in hotel quarantine..
- It marks the first day without a local case of COVID-19 since May 24 when a family tested positive for the virus and ended the State 86-day streak without community transmission..
- Under the new restrictions for Melbourne, masks remain mandatory indoors and outdoors and people must stay within 25km of their homes unless working or studying, caregiving or getting a COVID-19 vaccine..
- News Corp Australia Restrictions have eased further in regional Victoria, with more industries to reopen, two visitors allowed at homes and masks only compulsory indoors..
- Meanwhile, authorities are continuing to investigate how four members of a Reservoir family with no known links to current outbreaks tested positive for the virus..
- Investigations are also continuing into a Victorian couple who travelled through NSW to Queensland before testing positive….