Sumary of Coronavirus crisis: Younger West Aussies flock for vaccines:
- West Australians aged under 50 are flocking to get vaccinated against coronavirus but their middle-aged counterparts are proving less enthusiastic..
- Premier Mark McGowan told reporters at Claremont Showground, where 1300 people were set to receive the vaccine on Thursday..
- “What we’re trying to do here is get as many West Australians vaccinated as quickly as possible so we can safely get through the pandemic, because we know there always the prospect of an outbreak.”.
- Data from Australia medicine regulator suggests the risk of people getting the disorder after taking the jab is about one in 100,000..
- Mr McGowan and Health Minister Roger Cook, who are both aged in their 50s, received their first AstraZeneca jabs last month..
- Camera IconThere been massive interest in the COVID vaccine from younger West Aussies, Premier Mark McGowan told reporters..
- News Corp Australia About 60 per cent of people aged over 70 in WA have had their first AstraZeneca dose, as have 37 per cent of those in their 60s….