Sumary of Coronavirus in Spain (8 Apr) – highest increase of cases in six weeks:
- Restrictions for all regions of Spain during ‘State of Alarm’ CORONAVIRUS in SPAIN – latest Health Ministry figures The latest official figure released by the Spanish Health Ministry on Thursday 8 April for the number of people who have tested positive for Coronavirus since the start of the pandemic is now 3,336,637..
- This is an overall increase of 9,901 against the figure released on Wednesday, the highest increase for six weeks – and of which 5,386 have occurred in the past 24 hours..
- Wednesday had seen an overall increase of 8,788 against the figure released on Tuesday, with 5,309 in 24 hours..
- The peak of recorded infections for a 24-hour period during this ‘third wave’ of the pandemic in Spain was on 21 January, when 18,504 cases were registered..
- There are currently 9,384 people requiring hospital treatment for Covid-19 in Spain, of which 2,024 are in intensive care..
- The official figure for the total number of Coronavirus-related deaths on Thursday 8 April is now 76,179 – an increase of 142 over the figures released on Wednesday..
- The highest increase of deaths for a 24-hour period during this ‘third wave’ in Spain was on 9 February when 766 were registered..
- (@CatSalut / Twitter) Covid-19 Vaccinations in Spain Latest figures (up to 8 April) show that Spain has received 11,993,715 doses of Covid-19 vaccines and that 9,811,529 jabs have been administered..
- Covid-19 Vaccinations in Spain ‘State of Alarm’ – current restrictions across Spain Spain has a current State of Alarm in place until 9 May 2021 and the government has recently said that it will not be extending it further beyond that date…