Sumary of Coronavirus live: Dutch and Czech athletes in Tokyo test positive; South Korea reports record daily cases:
- The taekwondo competitor Reshmie Oogink said in a statement after testing positive: I have done everything I could and have worked so hard to get so close to the Games.
- Photograph: Imperial Household Agency of Jap/Reuters Russia has reported 24,471 new Covid cases and 796 deaths in the last 24 hours, up from 23,704 and 783 on Wednesday.
- He told PA Media: We don’t know how many drivers are affected in terms of the pingdemic on a daily basis, but the effects are clear.
- South Korea today reported another day of record cases amid one of its worst coronavirus outbreaks to date.
- There were 1,842 new cases – including at least 270 sailors who were on an anti-piracy navy destroyer – breaking the previous record set on Wednesday.
- Overall, total infections in South Korea now stand at 184,103 cases and 2,063 deaths.
- Photograph: Song Kyung-Seok/AFP/Getty Images The World Health Organisation (WHO) has urged Indonesia to bring in stricter and wider lockdown measures in a bid to tackle surging Covid infections and deaths in the country.
- But this week daily deaths hit record highs of more than 1,300 and positive cases have risen fivefold in the past five weeks.