Sumary of Coronavirus live: England confirms 42 deaths with Delta variant; Russia daily cases highest since February:
- People who do not eat meat are significantly less likely to develop severe Covid infections, a new study in BMJ Nutrition Prevention &.
- The BBC reports that the paper found pescatarians had 59% lower odds of developing serious illness from Covid, while those on a plant-based diet were 73% less likely..
- “Our results suggest that a healthy diet rich in nutrient-dense foods may be considered for protection against severe Covid-19,”.
- the researchers said, highlighting how plant-based diets are rich in nutrients, especially phytochemicals that are important in maintaining a healthy immune system..
- Shane McAuliffe, deputy chair of the Nutrition and Covid-19 Taskforce for The Need for Nutrition Education/Innovation Programme (NNEdPro) UK think tank told the BBC:.
- US labor department officials have announced a temporary emergency standard to protect healthcare workers, saying they face “grave danger”.
- If we had had this in place at the beginning, it would have saved a lot of lives and a lot of suffering that has gone on with healthcare workers and probably patients in hospitals because of the spread..
- US orders healthcare worker protections after thousands die Data from Public Health England confirms there have been 42 deaths so far in England with the Delta variant….