Sumary of Coronavirus live: England R number rises to 1.2-1.4; Germany to lift travel warnings to most countries:
- According to the US state department, the two diplomats discussed North Korea policy and Blinken expressed U.S..
- The regulator, the Care Quality Commission, had previously refused to break down the almost 30,000 deaths, citing reasons including commercial confidentiality, but has now set a date for July to publish..
- Covid-19 Bereaved Families for Justice made a Freedom of Information request for the figures in January, but the CQC initially refused citing exemptions relating to commercial interests, health and safety and information received in confidence..
- The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has approved a new manufacturing site in France for the production of Moderna Covid-19 vaccine..
- Moderna already has a deal with Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial manufacturing site in Greenville, North Carolina that will support production of “hundreds of millions”.
- Carl Bildt, special envoy to the World Health Organisation effort to despatch vaccines and former prime minister of Sweden, has urged for greater testing funding and diagnostics globally as well as vaccine sharing..
- The foreign ministry has taken the Balearic island – Germans’ favourite destination – Italy, Croatia, the Czech Republic and Switzerland off a list of high-risk regions in recent days..
- They now count among the top destinations for hundreds of thousands of Germans who are planning to travel in the next few weeks now that regulations in both directions have been relaxed….