Sumary of Coronavirus live: Russia sets new daily record for Covid deaths, Thailand ready to welcome back tourists:
- Johnson have announced that their Chief Scientific Officer will retire at the end of the year.
- Paul Stoffels spearheaded the development of the company’s single-shot COVID-19 vaccine.
- Johnson’s Chief Scientific Officer was talking about the company’s single-shot Covid vaccine.
- Vladimir Isachenkov at Associated Press reports a bit more background on this today, reminding us that daily infections have also been hovering near all-time highs, with 28,190 new confirmed cases Tuesday.
- It is worth noting that the state statistics agency Rosstat also counts deaths where the virus wasn’t considered the main cause, and has reported a much higher total — about 418,000 deaths of people with Covid-19. An elderly woman walks past a mobile vaccination site at the Yuzhnaya Galereya shopping mall.
- A surge in Covid-19 conspiracy theories risks boosting antisemitism, hate crime campaigners have warned after the opening of an exhibition shedding light on interwar British fascism and its parallels today.
- David Rich, the director of policy at the Community Security Trust (CST), a charity providing security for the Jewish community, said the pandemic had resulted in people with antisemitic views taking central roles in the campaign against Covid vaccines and public health measures.
- “We’ve increasingly been seeing people not really attached to one particular ideology but who are part of this amorphous mass fuelled by conspiracy theories.