Sumary of Coronavirus: What happened in Canada and around the world on Sunday:
- Authorities are concerned that hospital staff will no longer be able to handle the growing influx of COVID-19 patients.
- ” People wait in front of a COVID-19 vaccination site in Vienna on Sunday.
- (Georg Hochmuth/APA/Getty Images) The seven-day infection rate stands at 775.5 new cases per 100,000 inhabitants.
- cases rise: Vaccinations provide hope as Ontario, Manitoba see COVID-19 cases rise2 days agoCOVID-19 cases are rising in several parts of the country, leading Manitoba to reinstate some restrictions and Ontario pausing plans to lift more capacity limits.
- What’s happening around the world As of Sunday, more than 253.1 million cases of COVID-19 had been reported worldwide, according to the global database maintained by U.S.-based Johns Hopkins University.
- WATCH | ‘No country can simply vaccinate its way out of the pandemic,’ says WHO: ‘No country can simply vaccinate its way out of the pandemic’: WHO3 days agoAs Europe combats a major surge in new COVID-19 cases, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus cautioned that “vaccines do not replace the need for other precautions.