Sumary of Country to get 24cr jabs by Apr: Momen:
- Expressing optimism about collecting Covid-19 vaccine jabs, Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen has said Bangladesh is on track to get 24 crore shots either by March or April next year.
- “Vaccine doses are coming under the COVAX facility, as gifts and from other sources,” the minister told reporters on the sidelines of the “Fifth International Conference on Inclusive Business”.
- Momen said Bangladesh needs 26 crore Covid vaccine doses and some jabs would be produced at home too.
- “However, there is no update on vaccine cooperation with Russia due to the Covid-19 situation there.
- ” Earlier, Momen reiterated Bangladesh’s call to remove the country from the red list, terming the British government’s decision “unfair and discriminatory”.