Sumary of COVID-19: Ashley Oaks Public school in London temporarily closing due to ‘widespread exposure’:
- The Thames Valley District School Board announced late Wednesday that Ashley Oaks Public school in London would be closing due to “widespread exposure”.
- There is no word on how many cases are linked to the school but as of Tuesday, there was one case listed as active at the school on the TVDSB website..
- Starting Thursday, students at Ashley Oaks Public School will temporarily transition from in-person to remote learning until after the end of spring break on Monday, April 19..
- “The safety of all students, staff, and community members is a priority and decisions related to school closures are not made lightly,”.
- ‘We are in an emergency situation’ — NDP calls on province to make schools safer over April break The board said teachers will contact families with information on how remote learning over the next two days will work..
- On Saturday the London District Catholic School Board announced that Holy Rosary Catholic Elementary School will be closed from April 6 to 9 in the lead-up to spring break…