Sumary of COVID-19: Cameco employee at Port Hope fuel manufacturing facility tests positive:
- Uranium processing company Cameco says an employee at its fuel manufacturing facility in Port Hope, Ont., has tested positive for the novel coronavirus..
- According to Sara Forsey, manager, public and government affairs, the company was made aware of the case on Thursday..
- She said cleaning and disinfection protocols established in the event of a suspected positive COIVD-19 case were “quickly carried out “as soon as the company was aware of the symptomatic employee on Tuesday..
- “Cameco is working closely with our company medical team and will work with the relevant health authorities as we move forward.”.
- Cameco establishes $250,000 COVID-19 relief fund for Northumberland County, Blind River Since the pandemic was declared, Forsey said Cameco Fuel Manufacturing, along with all of its operations, developed and implemented a number of proactive measures to help minimize the potential risk of exposure and transmission of COVID-19…